I live in Macedonia. It’s a country in Southeast Europe. It gained independence in 1991. It is a landlocked country, bordering Kosovo to the northwest, Serbia to the north, Bulgaria to the east, Greece to the south, and Albania to the west.
Skopje is the capital city of Macedonia. It has a population of 2 million.
In this article, I will include all the natural beauties in my country and not just in my town.
Starting with my region, one of the most popular ski resorts is Popova Sapka:
- Popova Sapka is one of the oldest and largest ski resorts in Macedonia since 1947 and it’s located on the slopes of one of the highest mountains in Macedonia, Sharr Mountain.
- It’s 2500 m above sea level.
- The ski center has several ski lifts and chair lifts with a capacity of 11,000 skiers per hour. The ski slopes are suitable for all levels of skiing, from beginners to professionals.
- It’s also one of the most popular tourist places in Macedonia.
- Besides its city life, Skopje also has some beautiful nature.
- Skopje Zoo is the oldest zoo in the Balkan since 1926 and it’s been growing and improving ever since.
- At the moment there are 495 animals (out of 96 animal types).
- Considering the number of animals and its big area, the tickets are affordable – 50 denars (0.90 USD) and for children below the age of 3 it’s free.
- It’s a family-friendly place where locals take their kids for some activities, it’s mostly visited on weekends so if you don’t want crowds it’s best to visit Monday through Friday.
- Is a lake that straddles the southwestern part of North Macedonia and eastern Albania. It is one of Europe’s oldest and deepest lakes.
- Lake Ohrid is known for its beauty and its fishing for Ohrid trout and Salmo ohridanus, and there are several beaches so you can swim in the lake.
- In that city, there are also some interesting historic buildings so it’s worth visiting.
I hope this article will motivate some of you to come and visit my country. It has a really amazing nature, and some great places to visit, which I also mentioned.
I hope in the future we grow into a bigger and more successful country.